Der Browser, den Sie nutzen, bietet nicht den nötigen Komfort und besitzt ggf. einige Sicherheitslücken, die neuere Browser nicht aufweisen. Bitte verwenden Sie den aktuellen Edge, Chrome, Firefox oder Safari.
Share this article

The rewe-group.com website is owned and operated by REWE Group.
The intellectual property of all text, images, sound and software on this website lies with REWE Group, or are used with the permission of the respective owner of the appropriate rights.
It is permitted to view this page, print extracts, to save on the hard disk of your computer and pass it on to other people. However, it is neither permitted for commercial use, nor to use content or components in publications. Further rights are not linked to the use of this website.
REWE Group is not responsible for third party content of websites referenced by this page.

Storage and transport - highly complex top-level logistics

Our trading companies need their goods on site at the right time, in the right quantity, and at peak freshness. This is made possible by a sophisticated storage and transport system. REWE International Lager und Transport GmbH employs around 3,000 people and handles the logistics for REWE International AG and its trading companies. This includes everything from the control and movement of 372 million order units annually, optimal use of the truck fleet, and the storage and timely distribution of goods. 

The company owns 330 trucks - one of the largest truck fleets in Austria - which cover approximately 18.5 million kilometres per year and thus carry around 65% of the total transport volume. The remaining 35% is transported by third party companies. The sites of the ten central and regional warehouses have been carefully selected to keep travel distances to more than 2,500 branches as short and efficient as possible. The high complexity of the overall system ensures the best possible cost/efficiency ratio and the highest flexibility. When it comes to quality, delivery service, and sustainability, we set the bar very high.